Saturday, June 29, 2013

"I somewhat felt like a drug dealer."

Haha, really, no joke. I felt like I was doing something illegal at work with my suspicious behavior.

I was one of the main cashiers for my entire shift. My work is known to have weekly sales and it's a rotation that you can predict what will go on sale if you know it well enough like myself.

(For example: if you're addicted to shopping there, or you just pay attention.)

So, I'm not going to lie, our prices are kinda ridiculous unless it's on sale. Now, as a frugal shopper myself, I often feel bad for customers that are buying things that are going on sale in three days.

It goes like this- I see this woman carrying these two candle holders that I recently put together the day before. Candle holders were on sale last week; while candles, LED lights, and all that jazz are on sale this week. It switches off every other week and these two candle holders were the only things that she was buying.

Me: -looks at the discount sheet- "Oh no, these candle holders were on sale 50% last week!"

Customer: "Oh, really? That's horrible! How much is just one then?"

Me: "$64.99 -whispers- But they'll be on sale next week."

Customer: -looks serious- Oh.. really? Then I'll just wait till next week"

Me: "Good idea."

Customer: -looks around- Do you work on Monday?

Me:Yes.

Customer: Great, I'll be back then. -nods-

So, if I was wrong (which I don't think I am), I'm going to feel really bad if candle holders don't go on sale next week, because that woman is going to waste her time coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment