Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"This kinda thing would NEVER happen to me."

This is the story of how I almost died.

So, I failed to mention where I now work.

You are looking at the blog of a person who works at -drum roll- Gilroy Gardens! Woot woot! It's pretty much an amusement park for little kids. But I can testify that it's great fun for 18 year olds because -cough- I was just there two or three weeks ago with a friend.

I got an interview Monday around 2:30 and I left juuuust a little bit late for my liking.

It didn't really help that I kept on getting every. single. red. light. imaginable.

But there was this one stop light that was different from the rest.

-cue dramatic music here-

As I was approaching this certain stop light, I noticed there was a train crossing. No big deal right? I slowly come to a stop, with the train tracks right in front of me.

I was bouncing in my seat, anxious to get to my interview on time when suddenly... I see a sports car speeding towards me in my lane with no desire to stop.

I slightly panic, but realize I have space in front of me, so I move forward to give the sports car more room to brake. As I predicted they would, they braked at the very last second. Pssh... sports cars.

Now in defense mode, I look to my left, with a sigh of relief as I see no trains coming towards me.

Look to my right, and I promise you the color from my face drained completely as I saw two headlights getting closer and closer to me as I gasped in unbelief.

"There's a train coming towards me. There's a train coming towards me? There's a TRAIN coming TOWARDS me!" was my thought process the entire time as I was right on the train tracks.

I nervously look back and forth between the red light and the train. It literally felt like the longest red light in the history of red lights.

I tried to inch up closer to the car in front of me to get out of the train's path, but with no luck. I was still in the direct path of the train.

I looked behind me to see if the sports car backed up to give me space, but he was tailgating me more than ever. But, of course he wasn't in the path of destruction, only I was.

I half heartedly chucked to myself thinking, "Oh in heaven, people are going to ask how I died. I'll get to tell them that I was going to an job interview, and I got hit by a train. Hah!"

I even started to wonder if the crossing gates were going to smash my car so I wouldn't be able to open my door. But considering I was paralyzed with fear, I wouldn't have been able to even if I thought of it. I kept on looking. Train. Stop light. Train. Stop light. Train. Stop light. I started praying harder than I ever had before to make it out of this car alive.

Before I almost started to hyperventilate, the stop light turned green. I have never been more happy to see a green light in my life. HALLELUJAH! I slammed on the accelerator as gently as I could onto my destination

I got to my interview exactly on time, and got the job right on the spot.

I NEVER plan on taking that route to Gilroy Gardens ever. again.

Although, I do have to cross another pair of train tracks on the new route to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment