Sunday, November 4, 2012

You have to be a rebel at least ONCE in your life!

I'm going to rewind my life oh... at least a decade? (Sheesh, I feel so old by being able to say that)

Picture this... Going grocery shopping with your Mom. You see the long aisle of the delectable sugary cereals, and lo and behold! Your Mom lets you choose the cereal!

Seeing the commercials for Reeses Puffs or Cookie Crisp and how delicious you imagine them to be, you grab for the box.

Only to have your dreams shattered when you hear the words, "No, that isn't good for you, pick something else that isn't pure sugar."

My little heart broke in two when I couldn't have Reeses Puffs.

As most of you know, I'm now out of the house and I get the pleasure of shopping for myself.

I was shopping at Walmart a couple weeks ago with Kelsi, and I was admiring the selection of cereals that they had.

And then..

I saw the cereal that I wanted.

I look to my left...

I look to my right...

and I snatch that Reeses Puffs from the shelf and toss it into my basket, cackling maniacally inside of my head!

I felt like such a rebel, going against what my Mom told me so many years ago on how I shouldn't buy sugary cereals.

I wake up the next morning, eager to try my non-healthy, sugary cereal for the first time, imagining it to be just AMAZING.

Well, I was sure disappointed. It just tasted like a mixture of Cocoa Puffs and Peanut Butter Crunch.

Psh, I waited a decade for disappointment?!

I think I'll stick to my Honey Bunches of Oats with Cinnamon Clusters instead.

1 comment: