Sunday, October 21, 2012

Heels Should Come With Warning Labels

I, Emily Sudweeks, have officially injured myself here at Rexburg... and it hasn't even legitimately snowed or gotten icy here yet. This winter is gonna be good. (When I say good, I mean out right terrible.)

I caution you, the picture at the end of the blog is NOT for the faint at heart! Then again, I'm just a wuss when it comes to injuries so it really may not be as bad as I believe.

But if it doesn't look bad, oh man, it FEELS bad.

I suppose I should start the story now eh?

First off, I must say, I am a PRO when it comes to heels. Half inch, two inch, four inch, you name it. I have them. Of course most of them are at home because I didn't want to bring two dozen pairs of shoes when I obviously won't be able to wear open toed shoes much longer.

I have worn heels ever since my parents let me choose out my own church shoes. The higher the heel the better, the bigger the bow the better.

I ran away from my parents in heels because I didn't want to leave church. I ran towards the car in heels after church dances from because I was freezing cold.

I've strutted in three inch stilettos (the same that caused me my doom) down a slippery runway for a fashion show a few years back and I didn't flinch at all.

I have never fallen down in heels... until today. My streak of poise and grace has vanished right before me.

Now imagine these shoes... Black three inch stilettos, peep toe, with a cute buckle in the front.

Those aren't so bad, I've had more deadly shoes. Higher and thinner.

Now Fred forgot something at my apartment so he figured he'd just walk me home from church. It's about approximately six or seven minutes walk to my apartment.

You know that saying, accidents happen approximately within fifteen miles away from your house. I know that's for car accidents, but klutzs like myself can have accidents too!

So he and I were walking home, talking about whatever was on our minds. I'm not sure what I was focusing on, but that little heel of mine slipped right between the crack..

and BOOM. Hello sidewalk! Meet my left knee and the palm of my hand! It's so nice to meet you.

Fred, being the gentleman he is, tried to help me up. But the sheer embarrassment of falling in heels you've owned for over four years hurts your pride a bit. So I shot up claiming I was fine and we continued walking, joking about it for mere moments.

As we neared our destination, I kept feeling blood drip down my knee so I tried to nonchalantly inspect my knee.

Oh.

Oh man.

This doesn't look good.

I can promise you the picture looks much more vivid on my phone and in real life. I can honestly say that my entire kneecap is bruised, and it's going to take me MUCH longer to walk to class. It hurts like heck to walk up stairs, and I have the opportunity to walk up three flights of stairs just to get to one of my classes three times a week.

I'm crippled.

If anyone sees me on campus, I will happily accept a piggy back ride. xD

...Maybe this is a sign that I should buy a new pair of shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment