Saturday, October 13, 2012

"Hey I Don't Know You But Here's A Flower"

"Hey I just met you

and this is crazy

so here's a flower

talk to me maybe?"

Although that might have not been the first thing that I heard when I answered the door on Thursday night, it sure felt that way.

Here I was, finishing off a piece of bread, intently watching Chopped: Teen episode on Food Network. I was eager to focus my attention to the show considering my favorite part (the dessert round) was about to come on.

Then all of a sudden the doorbell rings. I yell, "Come in!" just as everyone else does in this apartment.

Nothing.

I get up, wondering if it's another kid selling deliciousness, like Sees candy bars. Just previously a kid was selling homemade cinnamon rolls for a dollar. Oh how they were glorious! Best dollar I spent.

But alas, it was not a kid selling Sees candy bars. It was two random guys and one of them had a flower in his hand. First thing I hear is, "Hey I don't know you but here's a flower."

...Okay... Where are they going with this?

We start talking about the usual stuff that everyone asks when you're in college. What's your name, what are you majoring in, what ward are you in, and all that jazz.

Sadly enough, I don't remember the first guy's name at all. I told him later on that he looks like a guy that I know named Stephen, so I'll just call him that. (Stephen, if you're reading this, oh hey! xD)

Then the second guys name was two first names, so I have a variety of guesses on what his actual name is. Luke Bryan? Bryan Luke? Mark Bryan? I want to say Luke Bryan, because apparently he's a country singer and it would be no big deal if I met "Luke Bryan". So I'll just go with that.

Turns out Stephen has randomly knocked on a girl's door from his ward and gave her a flower too, then she slammed the door in his face and she's ignored him ever since. I laughed and jokingly told them that if they're interesting enough I'd blog about all of this. They agreed and told me that I should blog how I met these two cool guys on a Thursday night.

Yeah.. not exactly.

It's not like I didn't mind talking to them, but there was a lot of awkward silences and they even admitted that they got the flower from a bush outside (which I knew considering I walk by them every day multiple times).

The entire conversation was just odd, and I kinda figured that they checked me out through the window and wanted to talk to me. They also gained creeper status because Stephen took a picture of me when I was talking mid-sentence.

Not. Cool.

After they left, they may have gained my name, where I live, my ward, and a picture of me... But they failed to leave with my number, and a desire for me to talk to them ever again.

But I was perturbed, because of them I didn't find out who won Chopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment